Lead UX / UI Designer
Based in San Francisco, we are a well-funded, stealth mode start-up. We are working hard to develop a new and innovative consumer electronics company in an untapped market. We recently raised a significant series A round from well known investors, and are in the midst of designing our first product. Core to the product is a web & mobile solution backed by a significant backend service.
We are looking or an experienced UX/UI Designer to lead interaction and visual design for our first product that is set to launch in the summer of 2013. This person would work closely everyday with our co-founder and head of product, in addition to collaborating with engineering and marketing.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong background in mobile and web design that can drive the company’s creative thinking around the entire software experience of the product.
- You are both a strategic thinker and an artist that designs with the user at the center of everything that you do.
- You are confident in your ability to design a user experience from scratch that is engaging but elegant and simple to understand and use.
- You work best in a collaborative, small team environment and are not deterred by ambiguity or changes in direction as the product evolves.
- You are curious about connected devices and the Internet of Things.
- 4+ years of experience in UX, UI, visual and/or graphic design
- 1+ year(s) of experience designing mobile apps through the entire cycle from concept to launch
- Fluency with industry tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Axure) to develop sketches, wireframes, mockups and product-ready assets
- Strong intuitive sense for layout, color, and typography
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Solid understanding of current design principals for mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android)
Competitive salary, full benefits, incredible team and a fun startup environment. We are open to either freelance or full-time based on candidate’s experience and current work structure.
Candidates must submit links to their portfolio demonstrating past experience, with an emphasis on the most relevant work for this opportunity.
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!