Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who will be responsible for the testing of our Analytics offerings. This individual will be responsible for the next generation of our Analytics offerings, covering such areas as compliance, security and system administration. This position requires someone skilled in Security analytics, security events, familiar with CEE (Common Event Expression), understands security event data and is able to validate reports and dashboards.
Candidate must have Security Analytics test experience who can mentor and train other team members. Need to work independently with minimal supervision. Should be able to adapt to the team and follow processes as well as grow and mature for more QA responsibilities.
Candidate should be able to grow as a "GO TO" person for Analytics testing . Should be a fast learner and adapt quickly to the fast pace of the team's style/culture.
Job Functions :
- Responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution.
- Design, write and edit test plans to ensure software functions are working as designed.
- Review system use cases and functional specifications with the appropriate business analyst.
- Identify potential problems, omissions and open issues and attend walkthroughs and attend signoff meetings.
- Responsible for identifying areas for improvements, implementing process improvements and ensuring long term compliance
- Partner with team to prepare comprehensive QA project plan, estimates as well as the implementation for phases of projects
- Monitor testing Schedule phases for all projects based on project specifications, scope, and coverage.
- BSMS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education with 5 years of QA Experience.
- Prior experience with Log Management products and testing security analytics
- Ability to write queries to test ETL and Reports
- Experience in validating data mapping, selection criteria, aggregations, lookups, transformations, and data loads
- Must possess at least 3 years experience in Data Warehouse/ETL/BI Testing
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional data models, as well as relational databases and excellent SQL skills
- Experience with Business Objects is a plus
- Experience with VM ware
- Experience with the JBoss application server
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!