Senior Performance and Benchmark Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
This is a senior level position to benchmark our product. Our product is a large, complex, enterprise level application used for solving the world's most advanced use cases in Security Information and Event Management. This position requires extensive enterprise level software benchmark experience.
The successful candidate will inherit and maintain the current benchmark suite. The candidate will embark on new benchmarks to measure the performance of various components of the product and benchmarking the end to end system performance. The candidate will also work on the scalability of the system in 3 dimensions - data volumes, number of users and number of queries.
Job Functions :
- Set up benchmark environment.
- Research and design new benchmarks to measure component level and system level performance.
- Create summary reports and graphs and present as input to Product Management and Marketing for collateral mateial.
- Evaluate current systems and propose changes to the design and or implementation
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Expertise with enterprise applications
- Experience with application servers
- Experience with a relational database
- At least 4 years of benchmarking enterprise level systems
- Experience with Linux (REDHAT)
- Experience with TPC-C
- Experience with creating benchmark atoms
- Experience with a BI handling
- Experience with VM ware
- Experience with the JBoss application server
- Expertise in Java, Perl or Python
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!