Senior Operations Engineer - Networking and Infrastructure
Based in San Mateo, CA we are the leading provider of video streaming solutions for enterprises. Our platform delivers more streams than Hulu, Vevo, Netflix, Yahoo and Microsoft sites combined. The team is comprised of leading industry experts that created the architecture and business model for the future of on-line video business. We provide vital in-depth statistical information on every single viewer to our clientele, which clearly defines the roadmap of trending audience preferences, and guides on-line business decisions with accurate, deep, real-time insight.
We are looking for a motivated, flexible Senior Operations Engineer focused on networking and infrastructure components to join the Technical Operations team. If working with the largest online video providers around the globe to help deliver a world class viewing experience to all users all the time sounds interesting and if you can decipher and explain iBGP vs. eBGP, OSPF vs IS-IS, and local prefs vs. route maps, we want to talk to you!
• Manage our global routing infrastructure
• Coordinate and collaborate with internal departments to identify and resolve infrastructure, deployment, and networking issues
• Design next generation network architectures to scale, while optimizing the existing infrastructure
• Work as part of a team to meet and exceed customer SLAs on our 24x7 SaaS platform
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience managing network infrastructure for a global SaaS, PaaS, or similar provider
• Expert level skills of everything up to Layer 3 and at least two routing protocols
• Strong familiarity with DNS, SSL/TLS, and HTTP
• Extensive experience dealing with network equipment including load balancers from multiple tier 1 suppliers
• Strong comfort level with Linux server systems and scripting/automation
• Solid understanding of Server hardware
• Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, related field or equivalent experience
• Ability to participate in regular on-call rotation
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work across multiple teams
• Self-motivated, proactive, responsible, and flexible
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!