Senior Operations Engineer, Big Data & Tools
Based in San Mateo, CA, we are the leading provider of video streaming solutions for enterprises. Our platform delivers more streams than Hulu, Vevo, Netflix, Yahoo and Microsoft sites combined. The team is comprised of leading industry experts that created the architecture and business model for the future of on-line video business. We provide vital in-depth statistical information on every single viewer to our clientele, which clearly defines the roadmap of trending audience preferences, and guides on-line business decisions with accurate, deep, real-time insight.
We are looking for a big-data infrastructure guru to join the Technical Operations team. We are pushing the envelope with MySQL, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, and other data crunching frameworks. Do you find yourself thinking that’s ‘only’ a few hundred terabytes of data? Can you whip up tools on the fly to manage large clusters of servers? Then this is the role for you!
• Manage multiple production MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and Spark clusters with storage north of 1 PetaByte of data
• Work closely with developers to understand data needs and help define next generation data architectures
• Build processes and tools to aid transparent global production releases, automating deployment processes as much as possible
• Work as part of a team to meet and exceed customer SLAs on our 24x7 SaaS platform
• Manage and improve our centralized configuration management system
Qualifications and Experience
• Production experience managing large scale SQL and NoSQL data clusters
• Expert level knowledge of Linux and server hardware’s impact on application performance
• Programming experience with at least two of Python, Perl, Java, or Shell
• Experience with Hybrid and Cloud architectures
• Experience with automated deploymnet tools like Puppet/Chef/CFEngine or similar tools, or the ability and inclination to whip one up working closely with developers
• Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, related field or equivalent experience
• Ability to participate in regular on-call rotation
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!