Senior Java Swing Developer
Location: Redwood City, CA
This is a senior level development position to maintain and enhance a Swing based thick client enterprise application. This is a large, complex, enterprise level application used for BI reporting and alerting over very large datasets. This is a senior level position requiring extensive experience with an advanced, enterprise grade, Swing based thick client.
The successful candidate will have worked on a Swing based thick client application used by major corporations. Extensive knowledge of Swing event handling and MVC. Experience with persistence layers, application servers, and web services is required. Strong analysis and debugging skills are required.
Job Functions :
- Research escalations and create solutions and/or patches for escalated issues, working with other engineers when necessary to better understand technical limitations or implementation.
- Research and design enhancements to core or integration projects as directed by the product road map.
- Research and fix bugs to the product, document and write tests for fixes.
- Evaluate current systems and propose changes to the design and or implementation
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Expertise in Java
- Expertise in Swing, MVC, event handling
- Strong debugging skills
- Expertise with enterprise applications
- Experience with persistence layers
- Experience with application servers
- Experience with web services
- Experience with a relational database
At least 2 years of application development on Linux
- Experience with a BI handling
- Experience with VMware
- Swing Framework experience
- Experience with the JBoss application server
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with a SOAP based and or a XML-RPC web service layer
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!