Senior Analytics Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
We solve the world's most advanced use cases in Security Information and Event Management. We enable industry leaders around the globe, including AT&T, Barclays, Procter & Gamble, and the IRS, to access and analyze their structured and unstructured data for:
- Real-time event management and deep forensic, historical analysis
- Large-scale investigations to detect Advanced Persistent Threats
- Federal compliance and regulatory analysis
Our solutions combine the power of data warehousing with large-scale event data management, empowered by sophisticated analysis of security intelligence tools.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for the prototyping, implementing and testing of Analytics Reports. This individual will be responsible for the next generation of our Analytics offerings, covering such areas as compliance, security and system administration. This position requires someone skilled in not just translating business requirements to SQL, but also wrapping SQL up in easy-to-understand reporting packages and helping our customers to use them in the field.
Job Functions :
- Research escalations and create solutions and/or patches for escalated issues, working with other engineers when necessary to better understand technical limitations or implementation.
- Research and design enhancements to core or integration projects as directed by the product road map.
- Research and fix bugs to the product, document and write tests for fixes.
- Evaluate current systems and propose changes to the design and or implementation.
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Expertise in Java
- Strong debugging skills
- Expertise with enterprise applications
- Experience with persistence layers
- Experience with application servers
- Experience with web services
- Experience with a relational database
- At least 2 years of application development on Linux
- Experience with a BI handling
- Experience with VM ware
- Swing Framework experience
- Experience with the JBoss application server
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with a SOAP based and or a XML-RPC web service layer
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!