Senior Postgres Engineer
A prospective candidate will be responsible for specifying, developing, and maintaining the Postgres extensions for a highly evolving Hadoop Integration software product. The prospective candidate will be responsible extending current Postgres extensions to integrate with HiveSQL and HCatalog as part of the Hadoop Integration Project.
• Work on the internals of Postgres SQL compiler and run-time engine to both extend our Postgres extensions and generate sophisticated query plans for our distributed architecture.
• Research and design enhancements to Hadoop Integration.
• Research and fix bugs to the product, document and write tests for fixes.
• Evaluate current systems and propose changes to the design and or implementation
• BS/MS in Computer Science
• Must have proven knowledge and experience in Postgres internals
• Must have proven knowledge and experience in Postgres performance tuning
• Must have proven C experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience working on SQL compiler internals
• Minimum 4 years of Experience in query plan optimization
• Proven history of being a self-starter
• Expertise with enterprise applications
• Experience with a relational database
• Must be familiar with Linux (REDHAT) Operating System
• Experience in JAVA and C++
• Experience with HiveSQL and MapReduce is desirable
• Experience working on distributed systems