Location: Redwood City, CA
The prospective candidate will be responsible for specifying, developing, and maintaining the build and release environment for a highly evolving software product. Maintaining the integrity and ensuring the reliability of the build system will be your primary goal. The build system must be inherently scalable to cater to a wide range of target platforms.
Job Functions :
• Design, implement and maintain the build and release system.
• Create and maintain Linux and Windows installers.
• Validate, document and publish the builds through the release process.
• Troubleshoot build problems as they arise, and work with the engineering team to help resolve issues/bugs.
• Work with the QA team to integrate the build system with automated test systems.
• Coordinate efforts between different Engineering groups
• BSCS/BSEE or equivalent technical training.
• Demonstrate strong scripting skills with Python, Perl and Bash.
• Be proficient with build tools such as Make, Ant, and Maven.
• In depth understanding of rpm spec files and associated tools like “rpmbuild” and “rpm”
• Strong Linux system administration and management.
• Strong SCM practices for branching and merging.
• Experience in administration/maintenance of Perforce.
• Build automation experience across multiple Linux flavors and architectures
• Firm understanding of software development life cycle
• Must be methodical, detail-oriented, have a thorough approach to problem solving, have excellent communication skills, and have a team-oriented work ethic
• Preferred knowledge of Pulse(zutubi.com) is a plus, however any administration of Continuous Integration tools is sufficient
• Familiar with Jira and Perforce integration
Release and Build Engineer
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!