We are revolutionizing Enterprise storage and data management. We are in stealth mode, are funded by one of the world's top venture capital firms, and have people from some of best storage companies on our team.
We are looking for a top notch Platform Engineer - are you the one?
The Platform Engineer will be responsible for:
1. Modifications and enhancements of the Linux OS and kernel for its use as base software for an appliance including but not limited to
- Executing the system startup/shutdown/installation process, including boot loaders and board initialization logic
- Changes to drivers for storage and network devices, server and environmental monitoring
- Inclusion of external patches into packaged kernel and OS
- Design and development of software, typically as libraries, that interfaces our data path with the kernel and with hardware devices for reliable I/O of data to/from the network, NVRAM, SSDs, PCIe Flash, Hard disk drives and NICs
- Provide the necessary hardware abstraction layers and API to reflect the working status of key components and environments to the management software.
2. Working with appliance (SuperMicro, Quanta, Dell) and component suppliers (eg. Intel, Drive and NIC vendors) to select products and components that not only support the architectural direction of the product but take into account the reliability and longevity (EOL) of the components
3. Interact with key Systems Engineers in the field to understand top hardware and installation issues.
4. Address issues found during development and in the field, including troubleshooting/RCA of any defective units returned from the field. Work with engineers from appliance supplier and manufacturing integrator to implement solutions to such issues quickly. If the candidate has prior experience handling these two additional responsibilities, it will be a plus.
5. Working with chosen manufacturing integrator to develop and manage BOM, compliance certification, manufacturing process, testing, ECO management and other relevant process steps necessary to ship a high quality product
6. Drive quarterly roadmap update meetings with key suppliers
Required Job Skills:
- BTech in CS/EE or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience on developing with BMC, IPMI, DMI CMM and SAS Expander Firmware
- Experience with Linux software development, system and kernel programming
- Knowledge of BIOS configuration, manufacturing test , enclosure management protocol and standards
- Excellent system-level debugging skills
- Very good programming skills with significant experience in C/C and shell scripting
NICE TO HAVE: Familiarity with concepts and software for clustered / distributed systems and a good understanding of network storage protocols and concepts