Director of Engineering
Based in San Francisco, we are a well-funded stealth mode start-up. We are working hard to develop a new and innovative consumer electronics company in an untapped market. We recently raised a significant series A round from well known investors, and are in the midst of designing our first product. Core to the product is a web & mobile solution backed by a significant backend service.
We are in search of an experienced, passionate, and hands-on Engineering leader (strong technical chops coupled with engineering management skills) to lead design and development of the consumer facing web/mobile service product (front end, back end/data, iOS/Android apps, etc.).
- Manage and build a team of frontend, backend and mobile application developers
- Own and lead software architecture for backend services
- Get your hands dirty writing code, doing code reviews, etc.
- Work with product management to define engaging and dynamic web & mobile applications
- Has built, from scratch, big data & distributed computing solutions before
- Has built web services / solutions supporting 100,000s of users
- Experience managing engineering team of direct reports
- Experienced with hosted web environments (e.g., AWS, Rackspace)
- Experience with iOS and iPhone applications (Desired)
Is this position a good match for your background? Send a copy of your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title, and let us know when would be a good time to call you to discuss the opportunity!